Sunday, March 16, 2014

Spring Avalon Faery Fayre

Brian and I want to say a big “thank you” to Karen Kay and all of the people in Glastonbury who made last weekend so successful and truly enjoyable. We had a wonderful time! It was good to catch up with old friends, meet new people and help spread faery energy in the town. The weather was glorious (the only drawback being that we were inside for both days!) but we could feel the sun shining and could certainly feel everyone’s spirits lifting. The Steam Punk Faery Ball was great! The costumes were so inventive and imaginative that it felt far more as though people were putting on their “real” cloths after having to wear human disguises all week. Perhaps some of the beings attending both the ball and the fayre were less human than we knew. I always think that these events are perfect places for faeries to mingle without being noticed!
B and Cat Bell loved coming along and they enjoyed the attention from those of you who had read about them in Fae magazine. They made friends with Armorel’s “Faybles”, inhabiting the table next to us. I hope they haven’t given Cat Bell too many wild ideas (she’s very easily influenced!).
We apologize for running out of books so quickly  - especially ‘Trolls’. I should have ordered more. Oh well  - next time! Thank you all for the wonderful response to our preview of the new book, ‘Faeries’ Tales’. We’re very excited about it and it was wonderful to see that you were as well.
It’s back to work now. The sun is still shinning and we’re once again inside, working  - but  - at least we know it’s there!
I was so busy during the fayre that I didn’t have time to take many pictures. I’m sure you’ll be able to find many more on other facebook pages. Here are just a few from us.







11 comments:

  1. love the froud's work since i was a child watching the dark crystal and labyrinth. and toby is following in your foot steps you must be very proud. maybe toby's son will follow in the family business :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meravigliose foto e così tanta bella gente! Amo questo mondo!
    Un saluto grandissimo a tutti voi

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you ever want to collaborate, I'd love to put one of the dolls into a piece of my storyboard. I've been following you much more since being a regular feature in Faerie & Mermaid Mag.
    My work is here, should you want to see what I'm talking about. (Faerieland) : https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150988293374706.439803.171749649705&type=3
    Thank you for having a family that so beautifully utilizes the imagination & perpetuates that in others. X
    My email for if ever, whenever, is: ashleylebedev@gmail.com
    I was thinking of late summer as shoots are fully slated until then :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You cannot believe how my heart soars to see Mr Froud in goggles! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your creations...so inspiring!!! Hope to meet you ---someday.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful creations! I bought Wendy's dvd Creating a faerie figure and I would like to know what kind of stretchy skin colored fabric she uses to wrap the body over the batting. I have looked up on internet but it's hard to know if it's the same type. I would appreciate some help, please. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's great, dear...
    yet, that's completely horizontal.
    And I know jolly ol England
    aint too much on the faith, me wee lass.
    If ya wanna skip Hell,
    follow Jesus...

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's great, dear...
    yet, that's completely horizontal.
    And I know jolly ol England
    aint too much on the faith, me wee lass.
    If ya wanna skip Hell,
    follow Jesus...

    ReplyDelete
  9. satta king
    play bazaar At the point when you are at the supermarket, take a gander at the sustenance realities of the nourishments that you purchase. Attempt to buy nourishments that have a low substance of soaked fat. Decreasing the measure of soaked fat in your eating regimen will assist with reestablishing a slim body structure, and assist you with getting more fit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You ought to never send messages to your clients without a valid justification. Continuously have something essential to state when you message them. Nothing will crash your showcasing effort quicker than irritating your clients with irregular things. Send content that you would need to get yourself, something that is helpful for the beneficiary. Satta King Play Bazaar

    ReplyDelete